Nowadays it’s one of the trends to have a good looking door for giving a nice look to your house. Other than that door is an important element which comes after roofs and windows for maintaining good privacy to your house. There are various types of doors are available in the market but in this article, we are going to discuss what are wooden Doors, Types of wooden doors are available in the market, what are the advantages and disadvantages of wooden doors, and why wooden doors are important for India homes.
What are wooden doors?
From the name only you can understand that these doors are made up of woods. Woods are begin used since ages for construction of house but even now also woods are used for any purposes because of it’s charm remains undiminished even today. It’s is the question among many of you that why wooden doors are important for Indian houses? Because wooden doors have unmatched style and sophistication along with that wooden doors has the ability to add a lovely natural element to the house. There are various types of trees from there woods only wooden doors are made. Among those trees timber is the most favorite one for making wooden doors.
Types of wooden doors
There are various types of wooden doors are available in the market, but in this article, we are going to discuss the top 5 wooden doors which are used mostly.
- Battened and Ledged Doors: – If you are having a narrow opening then these doors are perfect for you to install. Because the thickness of this door is 20-30mm thick and dimension is 100-150mm.
- Framed and Panelled Doors: – These doors are the long lasting as well as strong to protect from hard winds and rain. These doors have two options for opening one is a single leaf for narrow opening and another one is a double leaf for wide openings. These features make this door to use in most of the buildings.
- Glazed wooden Doors: – These doors are mainly used in hospital and colleges.
- Flush Doors: – The surface of the flush doors are very smooth and it is covered with plywood and medium Density Fiberboard which is quite light.
- Bamboo Door: – From the name only you can understand that these wooden doors are made up of bamboo. The main advantages of this door are water resistant, rust resistant, termite resistant, environmentally friendly.
Advantages of Wooden doors
- As because woods have high R-Values that is why wooden doors are not get affected by temperature.
- Woods is sophistication and lovely natural element because of this characteristic, Wooden doors add an attractive look to our house.
- It is cheap and easy to maintain Wooden doors.
- Most of the wooden doors are made up of timber and if the door is made up of good quality timber then the door will have a long life.
- The most important thing that you can do with the wooden frame is the addition and alteration of woods.
The disadvantages of Wooden Doors
- Termite and insects can damage your wooden doors.
- Timber of good quality is the very high cost which is much costlier than metal doors but less as compared to aluminum doors.
- wooden doors can also be affected by moisture.
- There may be a twisting problem if sessions woods are not used for making wooden doors.
- The wooden doors which are provided by contractors and suppliers are mostly made up of bad quality timber that is why it get damage very easily.